Hi everyone ! Today I really want to share the recipe of the best carrot cake I’ve ever made. Carrot cake is pretty famous but this one … OMG. So good ! If you are looking for a carrot cake recipe, you should definitely try this one ! Ok, enough talking. Below, find the recipe 🙂
Recipe of the best carrot cake i’ve ever made
the ingredients – for a 8p cake
For the cake itself :
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour milk (you can use milk + 1 tsp of lime)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- One slice of pineaple crushed (including water)
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (plan some more for frosting)
- 1/4 cup crushed raisins
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots
For the frosting :
- 1 package of Philadelphia cream cheese (I used the light one)
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Bake the cake :
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and flour a circle cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, oil, sour milk and eggs until it’s well mixed.
- Add to your mix the flour, the baking soda, the cinnamon and the salt. Mix well.
- Add to your mix the shredded carrots, the crushed raisins, the crushed walnuts, the shredded coconut and the crushed pineaple. Mix well.
- Pour the mix in the circle cake pan.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 45-50 mn. When it’s cooked, a sharp knife should come clean from the center. So cook it until your knife is clean. I had to cook it for 55 mn.
8. Wait until it’s completely cooled to add the frosting.
Prepare the frosting :
- Mix all the ingredient in a bowl. Keep in the fridge.
- Spread a thick layer on your cake when cold
Here you go ! You just need to eat it now and enjoy it. Bon appétit !
Main photo credit : Harshal S. Hirve